Duty Manager Flight Dispatch m/w
Our client, an European internationally operating airline, fly with a modern fleet of aircrafts from Airbus and Boeing. The leading Airline has direct flights to more than 50 destinations.
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Duty Manager Flight Dispatch (f/m) who is located in Germany and responsible for a flight crew to more than 240 people and 30 Jets.
- Act as first point of contact, where feasible, for all incoming communications on matter flight operations and organize / supervise or assist if required the Flight Dispatch Officers in their duties, check work roster & processes and take action if required
- Act as initial Incident Commander in case of urgent aeronautical circumstances
- Perform all duties required for a smooth daily operation, produced and published procedures in Cooperation with the Flight Dispatch MNGR, implement IOSA standards
- Organize the recruitment, training and evaluation of the Dispatch Department staff
- Coordinate: ad-hoc overflight and landing authorizations and ad-hoc airport slots where required ancillary services when operationally required (handling svc, catering, .)
- Presence during afternoon and night shift
- Develop & promote team mentality and communication channels within group
- Provide active, positive and impartial leadership for team to improve effectiveness & productivity
- Ability to take over all Flight Dispatch OFFCR functions, among others
- Flight planning and support relevant FCM as well as support all 3rd party airlines operating the in the own Network
- Provide the company departments with flight details & payload projections for development of seasonal schedules as well as ad-hoc flights (including charters)
- Monitoring flight progress, 24/7/365 follow-up of weather conditions and airspace restrictions in EMEA as well as NOTAM's; collect supplemental information and identify impact on operations; develop alternative actions and communicate to impacted areas & departments
- Monitor reception of ATC Slots, assess their impact on network performance, reroute or re-negotiate if necessary, with objective to achieve best on-time performance
- Act on weather evolution, on technical information from crew or maintenance when required
- Determine fuel load to be carried and place fuel order; consider fuel conservation and fuel cost reduction measures in the interest for the efficiency and environmental impact
- Ensure effective communication between dispatch duty officers with flight crews on ground & inflight to own company, 3rd party OPER & other network management
- Provide a shift report with all relevant events during the period of duty, ensure analyses and statistics available to the Management etc. and give a hand-over briefing to the next shift at the end of duty with all Officers in attendance to support any queries
- Ability to read and understand company policies, procedures, operations manuals and other relevant standards
- Strong Team Leadership Skills
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Influence and Negotiation, Effective Communication
- Specialist knowledge in flight operations, aeronautical, flight planning, A/C performance / maintenance and performance IT systems; working knowledge of ATC, CFMU and NATS policies, practices and regulations
- Ability to work in a shift duty environment, including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Working knowledge of legislative and regulatory framework as well as international statutory requirements (e.g. ICAO, EASA) is desirable
- Able to take initiatives and to react efficiently in crisis situations (able to work under pressure)
- Must have a pleasant and approachable character, a culture of meticulous work and the attention to detail is essential to this position, demonstrated by a smart appearance
- Must be articulate and capable of voicing a reasoned, balanced and accurate discussion without hesitation
- Several years of experience within working in a dispatch department and formal valid qualifications in dispatching/flight operations or in other operational environments of a reputable airline
- Have an extensive working knowledge of aviation, the aeronautical airspace, regulations, EU OPS rules and airline operational procedures; must have a sound knowledge of the aviation network, its airfields, and the climate and weather reporting systems used; have a working knowledge of communication systems
- A background in commercial flight operations is essential
- Higher Education (ideally Diploma or Degree Standard, Bachelor, Master of Science - field of Study Transport and Traffic/Airline OPS)
- Sound understanding of airline OPS and experience in data maintenance
- Strong Knowledge of navigation, meteo, flight planning, air traffic control, aviation regulations and commercial aviation, knowledge of flight briefing requirements is essential
- Fluent German and English languages ability and writing skills
Interested to this responsible Job? Then please submit an updated CV in English and German by sending an Email to the address below. Mr. Michael Engel will be pleased to provide some detailed information in advance, so please do not hesitate to call.
Standort: Deutschland / Baden-Württemberg
Region: Gießen, Wetzlar, Butzbach
verschiedene regionale Vertriebsgebiete
innerhalb Deutschlands zu vergeben
Führungskräfte gehen in Ruhestand: Wie sollen Unternehmen darauf reagieren?
Änderungen in der Gesetzgebung haben Einfluss auf Renteneintrittsalter ...
Employer Branding: Der klare Weg zur Arbeitgebermarke, eine Definition
Es sind immer wieder dieselben Fehler, die selbst großen Unternehmen unterlaufen ...
Ein guter Lebenslauf ist ein ehrlicher Lebenslauf.
Ein Lebenslauf ist neben der Eintrittskarte in die Gedanken ...